Calculations of the natural and organic index of cosmetics according to ISO 16128-1:2016 and ISO 16128-2:2017 guidelines
Participants will be introduced to the definitions of “Natural ingredients”, “Derived natural ingredients”, “Organic ingredients” and “Derived organic ingredients”. Then, the requirements for natural and organic cosmetics according to ISO 16128 will be presented, as well as legal regulations regarding advertising and marketing of this type of products. Participants will learn two main methods of determining and confirming the naturalness and organicity of cosmetic products. Additionally, under the watchful eye of the trainers, the participants will calculate the Natural index, Natural origin index, Organic index and Organic origin index of exemplary cosmetic recipes.
- Definitions of “Natural ingredients”, “Derived natural ingredients”, “Organic ingredients” and “Derived organic ingredients”.
- Main principles and assumptions of ISO 16128 standard. Legal regulations in the field of advertising and marketing according to ISO 16128 standards.
- Practise – the Natural index, Natural origin index, Organic index and Organic origin index of selected cosmetic products.
Basics on natural cosmetics formulations
Plant extracts are an important group of active ingredients used in cosmetic products. Due to the varied physicochemical properties, various types of plant extracts require the use of an appropriate method of introducing them into the cosmetic formulation.
The Workshop will present the types of plant extracts used in the cosmetics industry. Participants will have the opportunity to independently prepare a formulation for a washing cosmetic and a cosmetic emulsion, as well as learn the methods of introducing plant extracts into the recipe depending on their physicochemical properties.
- Types of plant extracts used in cosmetics.
- Practise – making a basic formulation of a washing cosmetic with the subsequent introduction of various types of plant extracts.
- Practise – making the basic formulation of a cosmetic emulsion with the subsequent introduction of various types of plant extracts.
Registration to the workshops will be available at the Registration desk – limited number of participants (max. 20 per workshop).
All participants will receive certificates of participation.